Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days ~ Write to Discover One’s Self {Day 3}

31 Days



I guess I thought by my mid 30's I would have it all figured out.

When I look back on my life I see that some of the things I still struggle with were things I struggled with 20 years ago. Not only that, but as I learn about things that I went through over 30 years ago I wonder how they have contributed to who I am today.


Wouldn't  it be worth it to look deeper and have a greater understanding?




“I am convinced that writing creatively is a beautiful and rewarding experience for discovering one’s self. For writing is one of the most forceful ways of learning, perceiving, maturing, expanding. The writer can never remain the same, for each time he takes pen in hand, he enters mentally and emotionally into the area of transforming indefinable feelings into articulated definable reality. When he captures in words his inner world, he is able to add a dimension to his discernment of self.”
~Ruth Vaughn, Write to Discover Yourself


I know I have so much to learn about who I really am.

In this process I need to seek the One who knows my heart, my thoughts. By recounting the wonderful things the Lord has done sets up the foundation of gratitude. What He has done is really past my understanding. I can only give thanks. 




Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!        . . . For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To Him be glory forever.
~Rom 11:33





31 Days
This is part of a series, linking up with Nester, for the month of October.

You will find the rest of the series, Write to Discover Yourself: My Story His Glory, here

It is a series of posts of sharing what I am learning in Ruth Vaughn’s book, 'Write to Discover Yourself'.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...